The South Bay Amateur Radio Club W6SBA holds Amateur Radio Exam testing once a month during the W6TRW Swap Meet.
Amateur Radio Exams, aka “VE Exams” are held in the S-Cafeteria building at the company campus. Enter the Cafeteria on the north side, proceed down the stairs and enter the building.
- Testing hours are held the last Saturday of every month from 10:00 am until Noon. Test applications will stop being accepted at 11:30 am. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Download the “Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement” form, fill it out and bring it with you on testing day.
- The exam fee is $15.00.
- Pre-registration is not required, except for handicapped candidates (blind or needing elevator access).
- Original Photo ID must be presented (no photocopies).
- For children without an ID, bring a parent (we use the parent’s ID). A school-issued ID card is acceptable, as are passports
- IMPORTANT for licensees who are upgrading: In addition to an original photo ID, please bring your original amateur license and a photocopy of your amateur license. Without both, you may not be able to take the test.
- Also, bring the original and a copy of any document showing element credit (CSCE or expired license).
Here are some other forms for download and printing. NOTE: Please make sure to print forms at 100% size (NOT fit to page) so they will be the correct size when printed.
- NCVEC form 605 for Amateur Radio Testing*
- Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
- Test Answer Sheet
- Swap Meet Map
*Everyone must obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN). See the FCC Registration site: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
Talk-In for the VE Testing is on:
- W6TRW Repeater: 145.320 with a PL of 114.8
Location: S-Cafe at 1 Space Park Drive, Redondo Beach, California.
Directions when coming from the I-405 Freeway:
Exit off the I-405 at Inglewood Avenue. Travel north to Marine Avenue and turn Left. After traveling approximately 1/2 mile you will see a tall building. Just after the building, turn left into the driveway and find parking. Once parked, look for the building with all the ham radio antennas on top. That will be building “S”. Walk down the stairway to the Cafeteria and you will find the testing center.