The K6PYP VE Group along with the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club holds Amateur Radio Exam testing once a month during the W6TRW Swap Meet.
Amateur Radio Exams, aka “VE Exams” are held in the S-Cafeteria building at the company campus. Enter the Cafeteria on the north side, proceed down the stairs and enter the building.
- Testing hours are held the last Saturday of every month from 10:00am until Noon. Test applications will stop being accepted at 11:30am. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Download the “Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement” form, fill it out and bring it with you on testing day.
- The exam fee is $15.00.
- Pre-registration is not required, except for handicapped candidates (blind or needing elevator access).
- Original Photo ID must be presented (no photocopies).
- For children without an ID, bring a parent (we use the parent’s ID). A school-issued ID card is acceptable, as are passports
- IMPORTANT for licensees who are upgrading: In addition to an original photo ID, please bring your original amateur license and a photocopy of your amateur license. Without both, you may not be able to take the test.
- Also bring the original and a copy of any document showing element credit (CSCE or expired license).
Here are some other forms for download and printing. NOTE: Please make sure to print forms at 100% size (NOT fit to page) so they will be the correct size when printed.
- NCVEC form 605 for Amateur Radio Testing**
- Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
- Test Answer Sheet
- Swap Meet Map
** Starting in 2021, the ARRL will not accept NCVEC form 605s that have a social security number. Everyone must register and obtain an FRN first. See the FCC Registration site: https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
Talk-In for the VE Testing is on:
- W6TRW Repeater: 145.320 with a PL of 114.8
Location: S-Cafe at 1 Space Park Drive, Redondo Beach, California.
Directions when coming from the I-405 Freeway: