Revised March, 2016
The W6TRW Swap Meet takes place on the LAST Saturday of each month, regardless of weather or holidays, from 7:00 AM until 11:30 AM.
Seller and Buyer participation at this event is at the invitation of the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club and the Northrop Grumman Corporation. Management reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone. Persons who do not comply with the intent of these rules will not be allowed to participate and may be asked to leave the premises.
No pets or animals are allowed on the premises except for working service animals.
There are two categories of sellers at the W6TRW Swap Meet and the fees for each are different:
- Any seller that holds a valid Amateur Radio License (or is a current NG Employee)
- Any seller that does not have an Amateur Radio License (or is not a current NG Employee)
Vendors must provide proof of identity in the form of a photo ID (a government-issued Driver’s License or Identification Card is preferred) as well as proof of licensing as an Amateur Radio Operator, or proof of Northrop Grumman employment each time they apply for or renew a Vendor Permit.
|Monthly Ham Vendor Fees:
· 1 Space = $15
· 2 Spaces = $25
· 3 Spaces = $55
· Additional Spaces = add $30 each
|Monthly General Vendor Fees:
· 1 Space = $25
· 2 Spaces = $45
· 3 Spaces = $105
· Additional Spaces = add $60 each
- The above fees include an event fee paid to the city of Redondo Beach of $5.00 per month per seller.
- Additional fees apply for premium spaces such as larger spaces or end of row spaces.
- Fees are a non-refundable contribution to the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club (W6TRW ARC).
- No Vendor Fee refunds will be made for any reason (weather conditions, Swap Meet cancellation, etc.).
- Prior to selling at the Swap Meet, each Vendor is required to fill out and sign a “Vendor Permit” form and pay their Vendor Fees. Permits may be issued for a 1 to 6 month period.
- Vendor Permits are issued in the name of an individual (the permit holder) and are valid only for the spaces indicated and only through the month and year indicated.
- The permit holder is responsible for all actions and sales made in their spaces.
- Vendor Permits are not transferable and may not be loaned or resold. In order for anyone other than the permit holder to use a space, the permit holder for that space must be present at all times.
Exceptions to this rule will be made only for bona fide organizations whose current members may use the group’s spaces only for organization-related purposes or for the sale of personal property (no business-related sales).
- Vendors must prominently display their Vendor Permit to gain entry to, and at all times within, the Swap Meet lot. Only original permits will be recognized. Photo copies will not be accepted for any purpose.
- Vendor Permits remain the property of the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club and must be surrendered upon demand.
Swap Meet Spaces
- Vendors are assigned specific reserved spaces on a space-available, first come-first served basis within the Swap Meet lot. The use of large vehicles may force a minimum number of spaces to be assigned. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Swap Meet Management.
- A “space” is defined as a marked parking stall and the area 3 feet immediately adjacent to the “entrance” of that stall. Vendors must set up items in their spaces (including vehicles, boxes, canopies, displays, and items for sale) such that vehicular access is always available to adjacent spaces and aisles (per Redondo Beach Fire Code).
- Spaces at the end of aisles and adjacent to other open areas are designated as “premium” spaces and provide additional room for vendor setup and sales. Vendors will be charged a higher fee for using these spaces.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their spaces and adjacent areas clean and free of trash before leaving the Swap Meet. All items must be removed by the vendor and nothing left behind. Company dumpsters are not to be used by Swap Meet participants. Penalties will be levied on vendors who leave trash in or around their spaces.
Permitted and Prohibited Items
- The W6TRW Swap Meet is an Amateur Radio, Electronics, and Computer Swap Meet. Vendors may display and sell only items that are radio, computer, and electronics related.
- Vendors may not display or offer for sale any general merchandise, clothes, weapons, toys, food items, stolen or illegal/contraband material, pirated/copied or pornographic media.
- The Swap Meet Management shall have the final say as to the suitability of items for sale.
Customer Relations and Business Practices
- Vendors are expected to engage in good customer relations and business practices including, but not limited to, exchanging items or providing refunds of goods that are damaged or defective. Vendors are encouraged to post signs or clearly explain their refund or exchange policy.
- Items sold “AS IS” should be clearly marked and buyers should be told when there is no refund or exchange offered. The Swap Meet Management will strongly encourage vendors to provide a refund or exchange in the event of a dispute between a buyer and a seller.
- Swap Meet Management will provide a Vendor’s name, contact information, and resale permit number when a reasonable request is made from a buyer or other interested party.
- The California State Board of Equalization requires all Swap Meet Vendors who sell more than twice in any 12-month period to obtain a California State Board of Equalization “Sellers” Permit.
- Swap Meet participants are not allowed on Northrop Grumman property before 6:00 AM and must leave no later than 1:00 PM. Violators may be cited for trespassing and/or may be banned from further participation.
- Vendors may begin sales at 7:00 AM and must cease all selling at 11:30 AM.
- No vehicles are allowed to move within the Swap Meet lot between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM without the permission of the Swap Meet Staff.
- Vendors must exercise extreme caution when driving inside the Swap Meet as many pedestrians are present. Pedestrians always have the right of way. The maximum speed limit inside the Swap Meet is 5 MPH. Speeding at any time will not be tolerated.
- All persons driving a vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, and the vehicle must be registered and insured. A driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance coverage must be presented to Swap Meet Staff or Security upon request.
Notice to Buyers – Caveat Emptor!
Items sold at this Swap Meet are typically sold “AS IS” unless otherwise stated. Buyers should carefully inspect and check out items before purchasing. When checkout is not possible, the buyer should make arrangements with the seller for later communication to discuss any problems and/or refund or exchange policies.
All sales and any disputes are strictly between the Buyer and the Vendor. The W6TRW Amateur Radio Club and Northrop Grumman disclaim all responsibility for the validity of any claims made by Vendors including an item’s age, origin, or condition, for prices set, or for any financial transactions entered into at this Swap Meet.
Buyers and Sellers may click the link below to download the Swap Meet rules in PDF format.