Buyers and Sellers may click the RULES AND REGULATIONS LINK to download the Swap Meet rules in PDF format.
Revised October 2017
The W6TRW Swap Meet takes place on the LAST Saturday of each month, regardless of weather or holidays, from 7:00 AM until 11:30 AM.
Seller and Buyer participation at this event is at the invitation of the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club. Management reserves the right to refuse participation to anyone. Participants who do not comply with the intent of these rules will not be allowed to participate and may be asked to leave the premises.
Management reserves the right to modify these rules at any time and their decision regarding rules enforcement is final.
Swap Meet Rules
- Swap Meet hours are 7:00 AM to 11:30 AM. All sales must occur between these hours.
- Sellers with valid Vendor Permits may enter the Swap Meet Lot from 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM. Sellers may use the hour from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM to set up their booths. No sales are allowed until 7:00 AM.
- Sellers are not allowed to “line up” before 6:00 AM to wait for the lot to open. No parking or stopping is allowed in roadways or parking lot aisles. Do not arrive before 6:00 AM.
- Sellers who unload trucks and other vehicles and park them outside the Swap Meet lot must remove those vehicles from the lot no later than 7:00 AM. They may not be brought back into the lot before 11:30 AM.
- The Swap Meet Lot gates will be closed from 7:30 AM until 11:00 AM.
- Sellers will not be allowed to enter the Swap Meet Lot after 7:30 AM. Sellers arriving after 7:30 AM will not be allowed to sell that day and no refunds will be given.
- Sellers will not be allowed to leave the event before 11:00 AM.
- No vehicles will be allowed to move within the Swap Meet Lot between 7:30 AM and 11:00 AM without permission from Swap Meet Management. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Sellers needing to renew an expired Permit or buy a new Seller’s Permit will not be allowed to enter the Swap Meet Lot until they have obtained a valid Permit for that day.
- Sellers must take all unsold items and trash with them. Dumpsters and trash containers provided by the Swap Meet are not to be used for seller trash disposal. Violators will be assessed a Clean Up Fee of $40 which must be paid before being allowed to sell again.
- To renew or purchase a Permit, legally park your vehicle in a parking lot outside the Swap Meet Lot and walk up to the W6TRW Booth. The Booth opens at 6:00 AM.
- The Swap Meet ends and all selling must cease at 11:30 AM.
- All sellers must be off the property no later than 1:00 PM. Violators will be assessed a Fee of $40 which must be paid before being allowed to sell again.
There are two categories of sellers at the W6TRW Swap Meet and the fees for each are different:
- Ham Vendor
- Any seller that holds a valid Amateur Radio License (or is a current NG Employee)
- General Vendor
- Any seller that does not have an Amateur Radio License
Vendors must provide proof of identity in the form of a photo ID (a government-issued Driver’s License or Identification Card is preferred) as well as proof of licensing as an Amateur Radio Operator, or proof of NG employment each time they apply for or renew a Vendor Permit.
- Prior to selling at the Swap Meet, each Vendor is required to fill out and sign a “Vendor Permit” form and pay their Vendor Fees. Permits may be purchased and issued for a 1 to 6 month period.
- Vendor Permits are issued in the name of an individual (the permit holder) and are valid only for the spaces indicated and only through the month and year indicated. The permit holder is responsible for all actions and sales made in their spaces.
- Vendor Permits are not transferable and may not be loaned or resold. The permit holder must be present at all times.
- Exceptions to this rule will be made only for bona fide organizations whose current members may use the group’s spaces only for organization-related purposes or for the sale of personal property (no business-related sales).
- Vendors must prominently display their Vendor Permit to gain entry to, and at all times within, the Swap Meet lot. Only original permits will be recognized. Photocopies will not be accepted for any purpose.
- Vendor Permits remain the property of the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club and must be surrendered upon demand.
Vendor Fees (Effective January 2018)
|Monthly Ham Vendor Fees:
Two Space Minimum
· 2 Spaces = $30
· 3 Spaces = $60
· Additional Spaces = add $30 each
|Monthly General Vendor Fees:
Two Space Minimum
· 2 Spaces = $60
· 3 Spaces = $120
· Additional Spaces = add $60 each
- The above fees include an event fee paid to the city of Redondo Beach of $5.00 per month per seller.
- Additional fees apply for premium spaces such as larger spaces or end of row spaces.
- Fees are a non-refundable contribution to the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club (W6TRW ARC).
- No Vendor Fee refunds will be made for any reason (weather conditions, Swap Meet cancellation, etc.).
Swap Meet Spaces
- Vendors are assigned specific reserved spaces on a space-available, first come-first served basis within the Swap Meet lot. The use of large vehicles may force a minimum number of spaces to be assigned. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Swap Meet Management.
- A “space” is defined as a marked parking stall and the area 3 feet immediately adjacent to the “entrance” of that stall. Vendors must set up items in their spaces (including vehicles, boxes, canopies, displays, and items for sale) such that vehicular access is always available to adjacent spaces and aisles (per Redondo Beach Fire Code).
- Spaces at the end of aisles and adjacent to other open areas are designated as “premium” spaces and provide additional room for vendor setup and sales. Vendors will be charged a higher fee for using these spaces.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their spaces and adjacent areas clean and free of trash before leaving the Swap Meet. Dumpsters and trash containers are not to be used by sellers. All items must be removed by the vendor and nothing left behind. Violators will be assessed a Fee of $40 which must be paid before being allowed to sell again.
Permitted and Prohibited Items
- The W6TRW Swap Meet is an Amateur Radio, Electronics, and Computer Swap Meet. Vendors may display and sell only items that are radio, computer, and electronics related. This includes radio equipment and accessories, hand tools, electronic parts, pocket knives and multitools with blades less than 4 inches in length, computers, tablets, cell phones and related items, televisions, cameras and related items, and electronic test equipment.
- Vendors may not display or offer for sale any general merchandise, clothes and clothing accessories, weapons or parts of weapons of any type, toys (including drones, RC helicopters, planes, and boats, stuffed animals, games), household appliances, gardening equipment, sporting and camping equipment, medical devices, automotive equipment and parts, furniture, food items (including bottled water), flammable items, stolen or illegal/contraband material, pirated/copied media, and items of an adult or pornographic nature.
- The above lists are not comprehensive, and Swap Meet Management shall have the final say as to the suitability of items for sale.
- The California State Board of Equalization requires all Swap Meet Vendors who sell more than twice in any 12-month period to obtain a California State Board of Equalization “Sellers” Permit. Contact the State Board of Equalization for more information.
- Swap Meet participants are not allowed on the property before 6:00 AM and must leave no later than 1:00 PM. Violators may be cited for trespassing and/or may be banned from further participation.
- Buyers must stay away from sellers during their setup time (6:00 AM to 7:00 AM) due to security and safety concerns.
- Vendors may begin sales at 7:00 AM and must cease all selling at 11:30 AM.
- Gates to the Swap Meet lot will be open to sellers from 6:00 AM until 7:30 AM, No vehicles will be allowed to move within the Swap Meet lot between 7:30 AM and 11:00 AM. Gates will reopen at 11:00 AM for sellers to begin exiting.
- Buyers may not drive in to the Swap Meet Lot to pick up heavy or bulky items until after 11:30 AM.
- Exercise extreme caution when driving inside the Swap Meet and adjacent lots as many pedestrians are present. Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- The maximum speed limit inside the Swap Meet Lot is 5 MPH. Speeding at any time will not be tolerated.
- All persons driving a vehicle must have a valid driver’s license, and the vehicle must be registered and insured. A driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance coverage must be presented to Swap Meet Staff or Security upon request.
- The use of generators by sellers or buyers is prohibited due to safety, environmental, and noise concerns.
- No loud music or PA systems. Sound heard more than 25 feet from your booth is too loud.
- No pets or animals of any kind are allowed on the premises except for working service animals.
Customer Relations and Business Practices
- Vendors are expected to engage in good and fair customer relations and business practices including, but not limited to, exchanging items or providing refunds of goods that are damaged or defective. Vendors are encouraged to post signs or clearly explain their refund or exchange policy.
- Items sold “AS IS” should be clearly marked and buyers should be told when there is no refund or exchange offered. The Swap Meet Management will strongly encourage vendors to provide a refund or exchange in the event of a dispute between a buyer and a seller.
- Swap Meet Management will provide a Vendor’s name, contact information, and resale permit number when a reasonable request is made from a buyer or other interested party.
Notice to Buyers – Caveat Emptor!
Items sold at this Swap Meet are typically sold “AS IS” unless otherwise stated. Buyers should carefully inspect and check out items before purchasing. When checkout is not possible, the buyer should make arrangements with the seller for later communication to discuss any problems and/or refund or exchange policies.
All sales and any disputes are strictly between the Buyer and the Vendor. The W6TRW Amateur Radio Club and Northrop Grumman disclaim all responsibility for the validity of any claims made by Vendors including an item’s age, origin, or condition, for prices set, or for any financial transactions entered into at this Swap Meet.
Buyers and Sellers may click this RULES AND REGULATIONS LINK to download the Swap Meet rules in PDF format.