The K6PYP VE Group along with the W6TRW Amateur Radio Club holds Amateur Radio Exam testing once a month during the W6TRW Swap Meet.
Amateur Radio Exams, aka “VE Exams” are held in the Building S-Cafeteria at the company campus. Enter the Cafeteria on the north side, proceed down the stairs and enter the building.
- Testing hours are from 10:00 am ’til Noon and “Walk-Ins” are welcome.
- We stop accepting new test applications at 11:30 am
- Download the “Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement” form, fill it out and bring it with you on testing day.
- Pre-registration not required, except for handicapped candidates (blind or needing elevator access).
- Exam Fee is $15.00.
- Original Photo ID must be presented (no photocopies).
- For children without an ID, bring a parent (we use the parent’s ID). A school-issued ID card is acceptable, as are passports
- Upgrade candidates bring: original photo ID, original and photocopy of amateur license.
- Also bring the original and a copy of any document showing element credit (CSCE or expired license).
Here are some other forms for download and printing. NOTE: Please make sure to print forms at 100% size (NOT fit to page) so they will be the correct size when printed.
Talk-In for the VE Testing is on:
- W6TRW Repeater: 145.320 with a PL of 114.8
- K6UO Repeater: 145.460 with a PL of 131.8
Address: One Space Park Drive, Redondo Beach, California.
Directions when coming from the I-405 Freeway: